In this article, we will discuss how does drain cleaner works. Our daily garbage goes into the drain. Sometimes this drains pipe is jammed by unnecessary debris. These stubborn build-ups make clogs so that water or other dirt can't go in the line. If grime does not go into the pipe, then you will ensure that you have drain clogged. Greasy water might fill your kitchen sink or bathroom sink.
What is a drain cleaner?
When your main drain clog or drain pipe is locked, drain cleaning help to unlock it. A drain cleaner is mainly prepared to clean our drain. Some drain cleaners make with harsh chemicals. Or sometimes, people use some mechanical devices like plumbing snake, drain auger, or even plunger.
How many kinds of drain cleaning solutions are there??
You have a lot of ways to clean your drain. Most of the drain cleaning solution is in power, tablet, gel, or liquid form. You can quickly get chemical drain cleaner from your nearby grocery shop or store or online shops. This chemical drain cleaner works by moving electrons to the blocked and create heat. The main three types of drain cleaners are:
Oxidizing drain cleaners
It is known as chemical drain cleaning stuff.
- Oxidizing drain cleaners which contain household bleach, nitrates, and peroxides
- In a clog, this drain cleaning solution loses electrons and cause oxidization into the organic matter. You can easily wash this product by running hot water.
- It can create heat and gas for unlocking the clog.
- A handheld drain auger cable is get-up-and-go into a gutter by the powered force produced as soon as the operator switches a barrel, anchoring the cable.
- Rubber gloves and eye protection is a decent idea if a particular product plops onto the body.
- It is also a chemical solution.
- Acid drain cleaners that contain a high collection of sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid
- In a solution, this product creates hydronium irons and destroy electrons from the clog.
- In the clog, the hydronium irons respond chemically with the clogs material.
- This reaction creates heat in the pipe and melts the grease.
Acid drain cleaners
Please take a look: Acid drain cleaning is not available on store because it can be harmful. This liquid drain cleaner solution only uses professionals.
It belongs to sulfuric acid, which can cause any burns on your skin.Sulfuric acid also reacts with water, which creates Hydrogen gas, and this gas can also harm our eyes, lungs, and skin.
Suggested product for this work Liquid Lightning Buffered Sulfuric Acid Drain Cleaner
Caustic drain cleaners
It is known as necessary cleaner items.
- Caustic drain cleaners which contain lye, caustic potash, and bleach
- Lye is known as sodium hydroxide, which works to destroy build up bonds by breaking them.
- Caustic potash, which helps to rot soft tissues and organic material
- It's a liquid drain cleaner. You can rinse it through running hot water as it is more considerable than water.
Damages for using chemical cleaning
Every product has its good and bad sides. If you want to use a chemical drain cleaning solution, you need to know about its damages. Here it is:
- Most of the liquid drain cleaning creates heat into the pipeline, which can soften the pipe. It can damage pipes.
- If you are a professional in this work, you have to be careful while using it.
- This chemical could make explosions if it is misused.
- Sometimes this solution kills some necessary bacteria.
- For using chemical solution items, firstly read the directions and warnings.
- Before using it wear rubber gloves, goggles and keep away children's and pets from the area.
- Please don't mix this solution with another, and it will create an incredible explosion.
Are there any alternative ways?
Of course, there is a lot of alternative ways. If you're afraid of using chemicals, you may use different drain cleaning tools. These tools are known as plumber snake. The manufacturers make these tools with long metal coiled wire. You can quickly flip them into your pipe and can unlock clog. It's a straightforward and safe process to clean. You can easily buy them at the mechanical store or online shops. You can also use a handheld drain auger.
Does Drano work immediately?
Drano is also draining cleaner. It's a liquid drain cleaner, even an alternative way. It is easy to use, so many people use it. You can use it also. Within 15 minutes, your clog will be gone. But as it also contains chemicals, it can create clogs instead of break it. So, it would be best if you were careful while using it. We recommend not to use any chemical products in your pipe.
Is there any homemade liquid drain cleaner solution?
Surprisingly yes, you can make your drain cleaner solution. For making it, you need:
- Baking powder and
- White vinegar.
Firstly, pour one pot of boiling water down in the drain surface
Secondly, pour one cup of baking soda directly into the drain and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
Thirdly, pour one cup of white vinegar into the drain. Wait for 5-10 minutes to react to this mixture.
Fourthly, pour another one pot of boiling water down the drain.
Fifthly, run hot tap water for 5 minutes to ensure that everything in the drain has properly flush away.
By following these five steps, you can easily clean your drain clogs with a homemade solution.
Can coca-cola work unblock drains?
You will shock to know this news. Yes, it works so well.
Step 1: pour some coca-cola down the drain surface.
Step 2: add 1 cup of baking soda. Then add coca cola again.
Step 3: add 1 cup of white vinegar. You will notice the mixed reactions that create a lot of bubbles. Wait for a while, until stops produce bubbles. Then run hot tap water for 5 minutes. And your drain will be clean.
In this article, we want to give you all information about liquid drain cleaner. I hope it will be a helpful article for you. Just remember, be careful while you are using chemical cleaning.
If you have any questions regarding what is drain cleaner or how it does drain cleaner works, please contact us. Our expert will assist you as per your requirements.
Have a nice day!
Also Read this guide