In this article, we are going to tell you how to clean an oven without oven cleaner. If you want to clean your oven without using any harsh chemicals, it will be easy.
After a long time using an oven, it will be so grimy and dirty. For this, you need to clean your dirty oven. Some ovens have an auto-cleaning function. But when it gets so much dirty and grimy, this appliance's auto-cleaning operation is not working correctly.
You can take some simple steps to clean the oven naturally. For this, you can use baking soda, a little bit of vinegar, lemon, salt, and hot water. Read the article at the end and know the right method to clean your oven.
How to use baking soda and vinegar:
It is the most useful method to clean an oven. It has taken some time but brings a successful result. You can do it yourself. Just follow some steps that we share below.
- At first, take out all the racks from the oven. Make sure; there is nothing else left in it. It is necessary to remove all the elements from the oven when you are starting to clean.
- If there are any substances on your baking soda, then carry away from it. Now, it is high time to wipe clean your oven individually.
- Then, bring a bowl with a half cup of baking soda and three or four tablespoons of warm water. If you think you need more water for the mixture, then you can adjust more water. That mixture will create a spreadable paste.
- It would be best to use rubber gloves to spread the paste's entire area inside the oven. Gloves can help you to remove all the grimy and dirty, as well as save your nails. Make sure the paste is covering the entire area inside of the oven. The paste shows a brownish color—nothing to worry about that.
- Leave it like this for 12 hours or overnight. If you keep it for a long time, it will give a good result. But you have to hurry then keep it at least 40 minutes.
- It would help if you clean oven racks and the oven door. And dry it with a paper towel properly.
- Come back after 12 hours later, take a cloth dampened with water and wipe off the dried paste as you can. Maybe all the hard scrub doesn't remove by the rag. It would be best to use a plastic spoon to remove all the baking soda paste inside the oven. The spoon will help you to reach the very corner of the oven, where your hand can not run properly.
- Take the white vinegar on a spray bottle and spray inside the oven where still some paste left. Use the damp cloth, and white vinegar will help you to remove all the past.
- Finally, put back the oven racks inside your oven when they are completely dry. If there is anything else that was left, put it back in your oven. You can dry your oven with air dry or a paper towel. After doing all these things, your oven will be clean and shiny.
How to Use Lemon to Clean an Oven:
It is a simple way to get your oven clean. In a short time, you can clean your oven with this process. For this, you should follow some steps that are given below.
- You need to cut two lemons of the same size. Take a baking dish and embrace the lemon juice into it. The rest of the lemon is put into the baking dish. It would be best if you filled the dish one-third with water. You can use any citrus if there are no lemons.
- Then, Keep the dish inside the oven and turn your oven on to 230 or 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Put up the dish from the oven after the end of time and wait a few moments to cool down the oven. The lemons are created up inside the oven. Take a cloth or pad to remove the loosened, which is build-up.
- Finally, take the remains of lemon water to scour off your oven. Use a damped cloth to rinse off the leftover dirt. You can use a spoon to clean the problematic point inside of your oven. Keep washing until your oven is spotless. Dry your oven with the air dry or towel.
How to Use Salt and Vinegar:
You can use salt and vinegar as cleaning products to clean your oven. It is a simple but effective process. Now we discuss some steps:
- Keep up the temperature of the oven around 140 or 150 degrees Fahrenheit. You can clean your oven when it is warmed.
- Make a thin layer on the floor of your oven with regular table salt. The salt is not coating all over the floor. It is not necessary.
- Wear gloves before you wipe clean. Take a cloth or sponge to wash it before it gets cold.
- Bring a spray bottle with some vinegar into it. Spray on the floor of your oven and use a damped cloth with water. Scrub the oven properly until the grimy and dirty are not removed. Always try to avoid the electrical heating element. You can use a damp rag to clean the oven door. Never use harsh chemicals.
Some Necessary Tips:
After using your oven, try to remove the abandoned food from your oven. It can help you to keep your oven clean. It would be best if you clean your oven after three or six months.
You can clean the oven glass with baking soda and water. It takes only 30 minutes to clean. Baking soda is the most useful natural oven cleaner. You can also see some online tutorials on this oven cleaner recipe on YouTube.
Cleaning your oven without oven cleaner is a straightforward method. It takes some time to clean. When you are needed to wipe clean your oven, you can use baking soda and vinegar.
Lemon and salt methods are also an excellent process. But you need a significant result, and you will go for baking soda and vinegar. You can use the dishwasher, dish soap, or soapy water as well. After all, you can see, clean an oven without oven cleaner is making your oven clean and shine.
If you have any questions regarding cleaning an oven without oven cleaner properly, please contact us. Our expert will assist you as per your requirements.
Have a nice day!