If you don't know how to clean riding lawn mower carburetor, you can read this article. A lawn mower is a typical gardening machine. With great technology, these machines cut the grass at the same level or the same size. Most people use lawn mower machines to keep their gardens, yards, fields nice and tidy. But you also need to do some maintenance on your Lawn mower machine or Riding lawn mower machine. The carburetor section is the heart of the lawn mower machine. Many users face numerous kinds of technical issues only because they don't do maintenance in their lawn mowers carburetor section. So, the period time of cleaning the lawn mowers carburetor is very important. A dirty carburetor causes many kinds of critical problems on your lawn mower machine.
How To Clean Riding Lawn Mower Carburetor
What a Dirty Carburetor Causes and The Symptoms?
A lawn mower dirty carburetor can cause many unnecessary problems inside your lawn mower machine. Let's see some examples:
- Black smoke will come from the lawn mowers muffler because of the dirty carburetor.
- The lawn mower engine will face trouble while starting.
- The engine will also run roughly because of the dirty carburetor.
- The blade will not spin properly because of the dirty carburetor.
- That is not the end! You may face so many difficulties only because of not cleaning the lawn mower carburetor properly from time to time. So, you have to know how to clean the riding lawn mower carburetor properly?
Before Cleaning the Carburetor
There are few safety steps and CAUTIONS before cleaning the carburetor.
- Make sure the Riding Lawn mower is turned off.
- The engine is cool enough to work inside of it.
- Remove the engine cover if it's necessary.
- Put on your safety gloves.
- Take all the necessary tools, which will need to disassemble the carburetor.
- Keep the children away from your work spot.
Clean a carburetor
If you want to clean your carburetor, you have to be 100% sure about your carburetor situation.
Items we need:
- An Aerosol spray carburetor cleaner that works as a cleaning agent
- A lawnmower maintenance kit for fixing dirty air filters, carburetor cover, carburetor linkage, etc
Steps that we need to follow To Clean Riding Lawn Mower Carburetor
Step 1: Measure the situation of the carburetor
- You have to sure about the situation of your carburetor. If you are not sure 100%, then your all cleaning will go in vain.
- Test the situation: take an aerosol spray cleaner or any cleaner and dump it into the carburetor. If your lawn mower starts, it's not the proper time to clean because your carburetor is in a good situation.
If your machine not starts, then you have to clean it.
Step 2: Open the part of the carburetor
- Turn off the engine and cool down your lawn mower.
- With the help of a lawn mower carburetor kit, open the cover of the air filter. Then get off the carburetor exterior cover and the linkage.
- Close the fuel line if possible or remove it from the carburetor.
- From the mounting bolts, slide the carburetor.
- Get off the screw to discharge the carburetor bowl.
- Get off the float pin to discharge the float and needle.
- To fully discharge the carburetor, you need to get off screws to release the primer bulb and base and remove a metering plate, gasket, and diaphragms.
Step 3: Spray the cleaner
- When the carburetor is out, Spray the cleaner into the carburetor's center into all the carburetor's inner parts.
Step 4: Remove the dirt
- Remove all the dirt and debris from the throttle plate carefully.
- Clean the carburetor bowl if possible.
After all cleaning, now there is a question.
How to fix a carburetor on a lawn mower?
After doing all the steps, now time to fix all the processes that you discharge.
- After drying the carburetor, it's time to appear it.
- Firstly, fix the diaphragms, gasket, metering plate, primer bulb, and base as before; make sure you do it very well. Otherwise, the engine cylinder will not start.
- Secondly, place the carburetor bowl as before. If your bowl is so dirty, then you can get a new one.
- Thirdly, put the clean carburetor above the mounting bolts.
- Fourthly, Joint all the throttle linkage to the throttle wall.
- Fifthly, joint the fuel line to the carburetor and place the air filter and filter cover.
Following these five steps, you can quickly fix up your carburetor.
How to clean carburetor on craftsman riding lawn mower?
After a while of using, the lawn mower will get stop working because of the dirty carburetor. Many people think that clean a craftsman riding lawn mower carburetor is not easy. But guys, it is not valid. It is also easy to clean. You have to follow some steps.so let's do it.
Items we need:
An Aerosol spray cleaner for carburetor, it works as a cleaning agent.
A lawnmower maintenance kit for fixing air filters, carburetor cover, carburetor linkage, etc. Then you can solve the routine maintenance issues
Steps that we need to follow
Step 1: place your mower
For cleaning, you have to place your lawn mower on the plate land.
Step 2: empty gas tank
Rush the clamp, connected with the gas tank of a craftsman lawn mower and with the carburetor. Disconnect the whole fuel connection from the fuel tank.
Step 3: discharge air filter cover
Get off the air filter with the counterclockwise motion.
Step 4: get off the carburetor bowl and primer bulb
Removing screws, you can get off the carburetor bowl. If it's dirty, clean it and wipe it with a paper towel or dry it. If you remove the primer bulb, it also helps to clean your carburetor correctly.
Step 5: Process of cleaning the carburetor
Using a spray is the best way to clean your carburetor. After disposing of it, you spray your cleaner onto the carburetor. Make you spraying all the sides. It will help to get off all the dirt and debris.
Step 6: appear all the parts of the carburetor
- Firstly, place the primer bulb as before.
- Then place the clean carburetor bowl onto the primer bulb.
- Place the air filter as before. If you need it, you can replace it.
- Reconnect the fuel connection with the fuel tank.
Now your carburetor is ready, and your engine must give you a good performance. Black smoke will not come out anymore.
In this article, you may found all of the essential tips that you need. Remember that, after some time, you must clean your carburetor. If you maintain step by step instructions, you can do it quickly. If you have any questions regarding how you clean a carburetor on a riding lawn mower without removing it, you can feel free to contact us. Our expert will reply to you within 48 hours.